Nowadays, all brands of any repute try to build an ecosystem around their products. The mobile market leader – the South Korean company Samsung – is no exception to this row. In this text, we will talk about its brainchild, the Smart Switch program, analyze the peculiarities of use and give valuable tips on its application.
What is Smart Switch from Samsung
Smart Switch application is a proprietary service of Samsung designed to simplify migration from other devices to smartphones of the Galaxy family. You will be able to transfer not only your contacts but also your favourite online slots ऑनलाइन कैसीनो गेम कैसे खेले and other applications. The paramount convenience is that you can independently and flexibly customize all types of data to be transferred.
The Smart Switch app boasts compatibility with many operating systems. Smart Switch Samsung can be run on mobile and desktop platforms – PCs and Macs.
With the help of this service, you can transfer data directly – from an old smartphone to a new one using a wired or wireless connection or using a computer as an intermediate point. For the latter method, you must create a backup copy on your PC and restore it on the new device.
Which devices support the application
Regarding portable devices on Galaxy or Android, you need an OS version 4.3. “Apple” products will require iOS 5.0 or fresher – the main thing is that the device works with iCloud.
You only need Windows 10 or 11 versions with Microsoft Media Feature Pack installed to create a computer backup with Microsoft operating systems. For Macs, the minimum requirements include Mac OS X 10.9 or newer.
What data can be migrated?
The number of data types depends on which device you’re migrating from to your new smartphone. The most comprehensive list is obtained when migrating from one Galaxy to another. In this case, the Smart Switch can copy:
- Call history;
- Photos, videos, music;
- Voice notifications, documents, and notes in Samsung Notes (Memo);
- Alarm clock/clock;
- Child Mode settings, Browser, Health app, Wi-Fi connection settings, General settings and Home screen settings;
- Email data;
- Third-party apps (apk and data).
When migrating from iPhone to Galaxy, you can’t transfer call history, child mode settings, Health app settings, third-party app data, and Wi-Fi passwords.
When transferring data from an Android smartphone from another Smart Switch Samsung manufacturer, the program cannot copy voice notifications, alarm clock, clock, child mode, home screen, Wi-Fi, Health app, email and third-party app data.
Tips before installing the Smart Switch app
Each time you migrate, you can choose what you want to migrate to the new device and what you don’t want to spend time on. For example, if you still need to configure your email client, you may wish to avoid migrating that item.
So, make yourself a checklist of what you actively used on your old gadget and what you didn’t use much. Focus on the settings and apps that are important to you. Be sure to check that all of them are up-to-date. The best thing to do when it comes to third-party apps is to update them to the latest version via the App Store, Google Play, Galaxy Store or other online app store.
Also, remember to charge both phones’ batteries 100% to avoid unpleasant situations.
If you’re transferring data over a wire, use the included cables or high-quality analogs: Chinese cords usually have worse bandwidth (and transfer speeds, respectively).
Once the preparations are complete, you can move from one smartphone to another using a Samsung smart switch.
Using Smart Switch for Samsung: step-by-step instructions
Let’s first understand how the move is carried out directly from one smartphone to another. To do this:
- Ensure that the latest Smart Switch version is installed on both devices.
- Start Smart Switch on the old smartphone.
- Start Smart Switch on the new device. Select from which device the files will be retrieved and click “Get Data”.
- Connect by selecting the type of connection – wired or wireless (if you have a large amount of data, it is preferable to choose wired – it will take much less time).
- Click the checkboxes on the types of data you want to transfer.
- Go to the next step and wait for the copying to complete.
- Click the “Done” button.
- The second way to use a computer is via iTunes (Finder) from a PC or Mac.
- Download the utility for your operating system from Samsung’s official website – Windows and Mac.
- Install the utility on your computer.
- Connect your old phone to your computer and create a backup using the downloaded and installed utility.
- Now connect your new device and click on “Restore”.
- Click the checkmarks against the items you want to transfer to the new device and move on to the next item.
- Wait for the copying to complete.
- Once finished, click the “Done” button.
There is one more critical point that requires a separate additional clarification. When moving from iOS to Galaxy, you can transfer your chats and photos from WhatsApp Messenger. To do this, you need to:
- When selecting data to transfer, tap WhatsApp in the “Apps” menu and choose “Transfer”.
- Scan the QR code and tap “Start” on your iPhone.
There are two important things at this point. First, you will need the latest version of WhatsApp on your iOS device. Second, WhatsApp chat history can only be migrated before logging into WhatsApp on the new device. If WhatsApp is activated before the migration or Smart Switch completes the content transfer, the app’s data cannot be transferred.
What to do if Smart Switch hangs
The most important thing is not to panic. Here, it is essential to realize that the Smart Switch does not delete data from the old gadget but copies it. So, if something fails or goes wrong, you can always try again without risks. If the copying process has been going on for a long time and doesn’t seem to be moving, interrupt it and try again.
If the result is negative every time, try using a different type of connection. Need help over the air? Connect directly with a cable. Need help with cable? Use another cable. By trial and error, you will succeed.